The Center was established pursuant to SASO's Board of Directors Decision No. (165) dated 21/10/1439 AH, corresponding to 5/7/2018. The Center is concerned with building an integrated system of work among national authorities to exchange information on incidents of non-food and pharmaceutical consumer products, which may cause harm to health and safety of consumers, and to make recommendations thereon. In addition, the Center seeks to raise awareness among consumers about the danger of such products, and to provide early warning of product incidents happened internationally.
- Developing an integrated system of work among national authorities in monitoring unsafe products (i.e., non-food and pharmaceutical) and early warning of their risks according to international best practices.
- Facilitating rapid and reliable communication to exchange information regarding incidents and risks of unsafe products among national authorities through the development of an electronic platform (RASID) and thus ensure appropriate action.
- Establishing an electronic database containing results of cause analysis of incidents and risks associated with unsafe products, classification and issuance of related technical reports. Therefore, this database provides outputs to be utilized by the legislative and regulatory authorities to raise the level of safety and confidence in Saudi market.
- Contributing to preventing the entry of unsafe products to Saudi market through early warning.
- Raising the level of awareness among consumers through the dissemination of information and statistics for unsafe products.
- Developing Rapid Alert System for unsafe products.
- Contributing to the development of the national economy through raising the level of quality and safety of products in Saudi market.