Overview of the Standards Issuing Strategy (SIS):
Presenting a strategic roadmap for the issuance of national standards to ensure support for the priorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in accordance with national and international requirements. and that is through:
- Identifying the economic and non-economic priorities and future directions of the Kingdom.
- Determining the standards required to support these priorities.
- Ensure that the required good standardization practices are in place to ensure the implementation of the strategy.
- Identifying the national standards priorities for products and services.
- Bridging the gap between national needs and market requirements and between available national and international standards, based on a clear understanding of national needs in terms of economic, environmental, and industrial priorities, consumer safety, commercial and social priorities, and other services aspects.
- Activating the strategic partnership with the stakeholders to achieve the national goals while applying best practices in the standards procedures.
To view the strategy, click (here).