We would like to inform you that according to the traffic system issued by Royal Decree No. M/85 dated 10/26/1428 AH
And its executive regulations issued by the Minister of Interior Resolution No. 7019, dated 3/7/1429 AH (It is prohibited - without a previous permit from the competent authority - to make any modification to the vehicle that changes its color, features, or basic equipment, or leads to an increase in its payload or its prescribed dimensions)
The provisions of this regulation are as follows:
- 25/1 (In the event of a modification to any vehicle, the following measures shall be taken:
- 1/1/25 When the vehicle owner requests to make any modification to it, his request shall be evaluated by the relevant Traffic Department.
- 1/25/25 The modification to be made in the vehicle shall comply with the traffic system and its regulations.
- 25/1/3 The vehicle modification request shall be referred to the Saudi Standards to determine the extent to which this modification is possible.
- 25/1/4 The Traffic Department is responsible for granting permits for making the required modifications to vehicles.
- 5/1/25 The vehicle passes the periodic technical inspection after making the modification.
- 6/1/25 The vehicle shall be inspected after making the modification. In case of conformity, such modifications shall be noted in its records and driving licence.
According to what was mentioned above, the vehicle modification request starts with the relevant traffic department to evaluate it and then the procedures are completed according to what is mentioned above.