The Council of Ministers issued Decision No. (488) was issued on
24/08/1442H, corresponding to 4 April 2021, to establish the Heavy Equipment Regulatory
Center within the organizational structure of Saudi Standards, Metrology, and
Quality Organization (SASO).
The center aims to regulate the heavy equipment sector and its activities within its competence to ensure their quality and safety without encroaching on the responsibilities and competence of other relevant government bodies.
- Developing regulations and operational standards related to the general requirements of heavy equipment, as well as inspecting, monitoring, maintaining, and operating them.
- Developing plans and programs related to organizing the center's work and activities.
- Establishing a database related to heavy equipment in cooperation with relevant authorities, including inventorying, registering ownership, and collecting data.
- Accrediting inspection and safety control bodies for heavy equipment.
- Accrediting training institutions for heavy equipment operators.
- Issuing the necessary licenses for heavy equipment and their operation.
- Supervising the inspection of heavy equipment to ensure their safety and readiness before operation and service commencement.
- Establishing the necessary rules for qualifying and licensing heavy equipment operators.
- Setting criteria for the assumed service life of heavy equipment and their disposal.
- Proposing the financial fees for the center's services and activities in its field of specialization.
- Raising awareness about the importance of registering heavy equipment according to safety requirements.
- Coordinating with government and private bodies regarding the implementation of plans and programs related to heavy equipment Regulatory and contributing to organizing the efforts of government and private bodies in this field.