Issuing Saudi standards is one of the most important tasks and activities carried out by SASO with the aim of setting standards, conditions and technical requirements that must be met in goods and products to achieve an acceptable level of quality to maintain the health and safety of the consumer.
Standard is a document, established by consensus and approved by a recognized body, that provides, for common and repeated use, rules, guidelines or characteristics for activities or their results, aimed at the achievement of the optimum degree of order in a given context.
SASO issues Saudi standards in the following fields:
- Construction and building materials.
- Chemical and petroleum products.
- Electrical and electronic products.
- Mechanical and metal products.
- Textile products.
- Weights and Measures.
- Quality Control and Conformity.
- Information and documentation.
- Service Standards.