Issuing technical regulations is one of the most
important tasks and activities carried out by SASO. These regulations impose
requirements and technical standards that must be met by goods and products.
They also include conformity assessment procedures to verify that products meet
safety requirements in order to protect health and safety of consumers,
preserve the environment, and enhance confidence in safe products in Saudi
Tasks of the General Administration of Technical Regulations:
- Studying the current situation to prioritize the development of technical regulations.
- Analyzing the risks of products covered by proposed regulations.
- Developing technical regulations and guidance documents in coordination with partners in the public and private sectors.
- Responding to technical inquiries.
- Raising awareness about technical regulations through workshops and participating in media campaigns.
- Representing the Kingdom in Gulf, regional, and international technical committees in the field of technical regulations.
- Studying the impact of legislation and utilizing feedback from manufacturers and suppliers to update and modify adopted regulations.
SASO adopts technical regulations in the following sectors:
- Mechanical and metal products
- Electrical and electronic products
- Textile products
- Construction and building materials
- Chemical and petroleum products
Request for developing a Technical Regulation
Enhancing the safety and quality of products is
one of the strategic objectives of SASO, which can be achieved by developing
technical regulations that ensure the safety and health of consumers and
protect the environment. Therefore, you can contribute by providing feedback on
products that pose a risk to consumers or the environment. SASO will study
developing technical regulations to ensure their safety. Please fill out the
technical regulation request form.
Published technical regulations:
To view the technical regulations, click (here).