Through technical teams system, SASO aims to develop the process of preparation of SASO standards and technical regulation by giving equal chances for the public, academic, research and private (national factories and companies) sectors to participate in the technical teams that prepare standards for a specific topic. However, participation in the technical teams allows such bodies to objectively suggest and discuss subjects related to standards in order to find solutions appropriate for all bodies for the sake of the national interest.
By applying technical teams system in the process of preparation of SASO standards and technical regulations, SASO aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Giving the related bodies more chances to participate in preparation of five-year and annual technical teams' plans to prepare SASO standards and technical regulations.
2. Raising the performance level of preparation of SASO standards and technical regulations in all fields, especially those that have direct impact on national economy, health, consumer's safety and environment protection as well as those related to achieving justice, except food and drugs fields.
3. Reviewing periodically SASO standards and technical regulations that have been issued or need to be reviewed and ensuring that they are meeting the national requirements and are compatible with international standards as much as possible.
4. Updating SASO standards and technical regulations that need to be updated after the review process according to the methodology set by SASO.
5. Reconsidering all of SASO standards and technical regulations that were issued in English and then were translated.
6. Considering SASO standards and transforming the type of issuance of some standards required to be SASO technical regulations.
7. Following up the standards drafts prepared by international organizations of which SASO is a member (active member or observer member) and commenting on them.
8. Preparing research, studies and consultations that serve standardization and which are related to Saudi standards of goods and services to achieve important results and applied scientific facts.
9. Consulting in the field of SASO standards of certain products or goods.
Technical Team Tasks:
1. Suggesting the five-year and annual technical teams' plans for preparing SASO standards and technical regulations.
2. Preparing SASO standards and technical regulations mentioned in the approved annual plan.
3. Reviewing periodically SASO standards and technical regulations that have been issued or need to be reviewed, as stated in the team's responsibilities, ensuring that they are meeting national requirements, checking whether they need to be reviewed and ensuring that they are compatible with international standards as much as possible according to the approved annual plan.
4. Restudying all Saudi standards and technical regulations that fall within its duties, which have been previously issued by SASO in English, and then translated according to the approved annual plan.
5- Studying Saudi standards which fall within its duties and transfer the issuance of the required ones to Saudi technical regulations, in accordance with the approved annual plan.
6- Adhering to the process of preparing Saudi standard specifications and technical regulations, and the method of producing Saudi standard specifications and technical regulations. The Arabic version of drafts should be written in standard Arabic with the use of technical terms agreed upon in specialized technical sectors.
7. Following the approval of Saudi standards and technical regulations approved by the Board of Directors of SASO.
8. Following the activities of corresponding technical committees in international organizations in which SASO is a member (active or observer) and represent the Kingdom in work teams and international technical committees, in accordance with the procedures determined by SASO.
9. Proposing the formation of working groups and technical groups that follow the technical team, and follow their achievements.
10. Performing work, or participating in studies and research that serve standardization and are related to Saudi standards related to goods and services, in order to reach applied scientific facts and results, which falls within the Group's duties.
11. Providing technical advice required from the team in the field of specifications of products or goods that fall within its duties.
12. Participating with SASO, as possible, in national, regional and international conferences, meetings and exhibitions which fall under the tasks of the team. The represented body should bear the costs of participation.
Technical Team Formation:
1. It is proposed to form technical teams through proposals of the technical departments, the concerned bodies or through SASO's website, using "Proposal to form technical teams to prepare Saudi standards and technical regulations".
2. When new technical teams are formed, they should be corresponding to International Technical Committees, as possible. It is also recommended to reform existing technical teams to be corresponding to international technical committees, as possible.
3. After considering and approving the proposal, SASO should contact the concerned bodies to nominate their representatives in the technical teams, taking into consideration that their representatives should have scientific qualifications and practical experience in the concerned field of work of the technical team.
4. The number of members of the technical team ranges between four and ten members.
5. When forming the technical team, balance shall be made among sectors and related bodies which are government, research (academic) and private sectors.
6. Every organization participating in the technical team shall not be represented by more than one member. The member enjoys full legal, financial and moral privileges of the membership and shall adhere to all the technical team member's tasks.
To get further information about the mechanism of technical teams' work, please click (here).
For more details about the organizational structure to describe the technical teams and their work field, please click (here).
SASO works to form technical teams to prepare Saudi standard specifications to cover all goods and services that serve consumers in various sectors with a membership of a group of experts of highly scientific majors and with qualified practical experiences from government and private sectors in addition to the scientific institutions.
Considering meeting as much as possible of consumers' needs from goods and services, SASO gives, through the following link, the opportunity for those concerned to suggest the technical teams to be formed by filling in the attached form (here).
If any government, private or scientific institution wishes to nominate any of its employees for a membership in one of the technical teams, it should fill in the attached form (here).