Through Technical Committees System (TCS), SASO aims to enhance the process of developing SASO’s standards by giving equal opportunities for public, academic (i.e., research) and private (national factories and companies) sectors to participate in technical committees that prepare standards for a specific topic. Participation in technical committees allows such bodies to objectively suggest and discuss subjects related to standards in order to find solutions appropriate for all bodies; thus, serving national interest.
By applying TCS in the process of developing SASO's standards, SASO aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase opportunities of related bodies to participate in developing technical committee’s annual plans to prepare SASO standards.
- Raise the performance level of developing SASO's standards in all fields, especially those that have direct impact on national economy, health, consumer safety and environment protection as well as those related to achieving justice, except food and drugs fields.
- Periodically review adopted SASO’s standards and ensure that such standards meet national requirements and are compatible with international standards as much as possible.
- Update SASO's standards, based on the review process, according to the methodology set by SASO.
- To ensure meeting the largest possible amount of consumer needs regarding commodities and services, through this page, SASO provides concerned parties with the opportunity to suggest technical committees, which are considered important to be formed, by filling in the attached form, click (here).
- If any public, private or academic institution desires to nominate one of its employees to participate in the membership of one of the technical committees, kindly fill out the attached form, click (here).